Hot Cocoa Bombs are all the rage right now, so you’ll need some for Easter, of course! These lovely Bunny Butt Hot Cocoa Bombs are a great addition to your Easter beverage station. These tasty desserts are also suitable for children and are an excellent way to involve them in the kitchen. It’s never too early or too late to enjoy a steaming cup of hot chocolate.
Should I refrigerate my hot chocolate bombs?
Depending on where you store them, a hot chocolate bomb made with a hot cocoa mix can last up to eight weeks. The best way to keep them fresh is to keep them at room temperature.
Why do my hot chocolate bombs keep melting?
If you don’t temper chocolate properly, it will melt at room temperature, lose its shape, and become glistening. This video will show you how to temper chocolate. Chop your chocolate into small pieces. By chopping the chocolate with a knife, you can ensure that all of the bits are small and that it melts evenly.
How do you store homemade chocolate bombs?
After the bombs have firm, insert them in cupcake liners one by one. You can put them in plastic containers once they’re in the cupcake liners. After you’ve put them in the plastic containers, you may put them in a gift bag or keep them on the counter until you’re ready to use them.
What are the ingredients to make bunny butt hot cocoa bombs?
Here are the ingredients you’re going to need to make these bunny butt hot cocoa bombs:
- White Candy Melts – Candy melts are perfect for making these chocolate bombs since they are easy to melt and remelt.
- White Hot Chocolate Mix – Does a good job at creating a sweet drink.
- Rainbow Marshmallows – These marshmallows are always needed and will add much color in the hot cocoa.
- Bunny Tail and Feet Sugar Decorations – Made with coarsely granulated sugar that has been molded into forms and colored with edible food coloring. I used:
You will also need a silicone bomb mold for easy-to-create perfect sweet treats. I used this silicone mold.
How to make bunny butt hot cocoa bombs?
It’s time to put this recipe together now that you’ve gathered all of your ingredients. Follow the steps outlined below.
First, place white candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave according to package directions.
Second, place 1 tbsp of candy melt in a mold and press the chocolate up the edges of the mold with the bottom of your tablespoon measuring spoon, keeping it thick but even. Repeat with the remaining 12 bomb molds.
Freeze the chocolate-filled bomb molds for 5 minutes before using.
Then remove the molds from the freezer and pull them away from the chocolate with care.
For about 10 seconds, press one of the empty chocolate bomb halves open-side-down onto the flat portion of the heating plate. This will softly melt the chocolate cup’s rim.
Next, place this hot edge chocolate cup on top of one of the filled cups right away. The two sides of the hot cocoa bomb will be joined together with this.
Drizzle the tiniest amount of chocolate over the center of the mold with a piping bag or a fork, then place the bunny tail there. Drizzle a small bit of chocolate about 1 inch lower and to either side, and use this to secure the bunny feet.
To make the hot cocoa bombs set, place them in the freezer for 5 minutes, then remove and keep in an airtight container until ready to use.
Place the hot cocoa bombs in a mug and pour 2 cups boiling milk over them to make a drink. Stir until all of the hot cocoa bombs have melted, then enjoy!
Now that you know all you need to know about bunny butt hot cocoa bombs, it is time to print or save the recipe with the exact measurements.
Not ready to print? No problem! Save this pin in your Pinterest account by clicking the pin button located in the recipe card.
Bunny Butt Hot Cocoa Bombs
Bunny Butt Hot Cocoa Bombs are a wonderful addition to your Easter coffee table.
- 2 cups White Candy Melts
- 2 cups White Hot Chocolate Mix
- 2 cups Rainbow Marshmallows
- 6 sets Bunny Tail and Feet Sugar Decorations (I used: https://www.etsy.com/listing/780913871/bunny-tail-and-feet-edible-sugars-18)
- Place white candy melts in a microwave safe bowl and melt in the microwave per the directions on the package.
- Place 1 tbsp melted candy melt into a mold and, using the bottom of your tablespoon measuring spoon, press the chocolate up the sides of the mold, keeping it thick but even. Repeat with 12 bomb molds.
- Place the chocolate filled bomb molds into the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Remove molds from the freezer and gently peel the mold away from the chocolate.
- Fill 6 of the chocolate cups with 1 tbsp hot chocolate mix and 2-3 marshmallows.
- Heat a plate or a flat-bottom bowl in the microwave until the surface of the plate is warm to the touch.
- Press one of the empty chocolate bomb halves open-side-down onto the flat portion of the warm plate for about 10 seconds. This will gently melt the rim of the chocolate cup.
- Immediately press this warmed edge chocolate cup to the top of one of the filled cups. This will join the two halves of the hot cocoa bomb.
- Using a piping bag or a fork, drizzle the tiniest amount of chocolate on the center of the mold and add the bunny tail there. About 1 inch lower and to each side, drizzle a tiny amount of chocolate and use this to affix the bunny feet.
- Place the hot cocoa bombs into the freezer for 5 minutes to get them to set, then remove and store in an airtight container until you’re ready to use.
- To use the hot cocoa bombs, place them in a mug and pour 2 cups hot milk over the top. Stir until the hot cocoa bombs are completely melted and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 948Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 795mgCarbohydrates: 213gFiber: 6gSugar: 156gProtein: 10g
These nutritional calculations might not be accurate. Please speak with a licensed nutritionist to assist you.