So easy to make and a real treat for anyone, just give them one and you’ll have a slew of new fans. Also, malted milk ball hot cocoa bombs are the most delightful treat for anyone who enjoys this nostalgic delicacy.
These cocoa bombs are easy to prepare with only a few ingredients and a couple of minor twists. They’re also a lot of fun to prepare and much more enjoyable to see explode into a warm mug of chocolate delight!
Do you put hot chocolate bombs in milk or water?
A hot chocolate bomb is a self-contained, dissolvable sphere that contains all of the ingredients for a warm cup of cocoa. To make it, simply drop one in a mug, pour hot milk or water over it, and watch the bomb dissolve into a wonderful chocolatey drink!
How do you heat milk for cocoa bombs?
To heat milk in the microwave, cook it for 1 ½ minutes on HIGH. Add in the Hot Chocolate Bomb to the warm milk, and you will have a perfect cup of Hot Chocolate.
How do you eat hot chocolate bombs?
The idea is simple: in a mug, place a chocolate ball filled with cocoa mix and small marshmallows. Pour hot milk over the confection and enjoy the show as the chocolate melts and bursts open, revealing a delicious winter beverage.
What are the ingredients to make malted milk ball hot cocoa bombs?
To make this recipe, you are going to need:
- Chocolate Candy Melts – If you can, get good quality chocolate for your hot chocolate bombs.
- Hot Chocolate Mix – Heated consisting of shaved chocolate, melted chocolate or cocoa powder, heated milk or water.
- Mini Marshmallows – Traditional marshmallows work great in the bomb, but there can’t be too many.
- Whoppers Malted Milk Ball Candies – Classic milk chocolate candy everyone wants to munch.
A silicone mold is also needed. If you’re new to tempering chocolate, this is the easiest mold to use.
How to make malted milk ball hot cocoa bombs?
It’s time to put this recipe together now that you’ve gathered all of your ingredients. Follow the steps outlined below.
First, roughly crush 6-8 malted milk ball candies, and then set aside.
Then place chocolate candy melts in a microwave-safe dish and heat according to the package’s instructions.
Place 1 tbsp of melted candy melt in one half of a bomb mold and push the chocolate up the sides of the shape with the bottom of your tablespoon measuring spoon, keeping it thick but even. Repeat with the other 12 bomb mold halves.
Next, freeze the chocolate-filled bomb molds for 5 minutes.
Remove the molds from the freezer and gently tap the sides of the molds while pressing on one side of the chocolate to help it slip out.
After that, fill 6 of the molds with 1 tablespoon hot chocolate mix, 3-5 malted milk balls, and 6-8 small marshmallows.
Microwave a plate or a flat-bottomed bowl until the plate’s surface is warm to the touch.
Then for about 10 seconds, press one of the empty chocolate bomb halves open-side-down onto the flat area of the heating plate. This will softly melt the chocolate cup’s rim.
Place this hot edge chocolate cup on top of one of the filled cups right away. The two sides of the hot cocoa bomb will be joined together using this.
Drizzle the remaining chocolate candy melts on top of the created hot cocoa bombs with a piping bag or a fork, then sprinkle the crushed malted milk balls on top.
To make the hot cocoa bombs set, place them in the freezer for 5 minutes, then remove and keep in an airtight container until ready to use.
Lastly, place the hot cocoa bombs in a mug and pour 2 cups of boiling milk over them to make a drink. Stir until all of the hot cocoa bombs have melted, then enjoy!
Now that you know all you need to know about malted milk ball hot cocoa bombs, it is time to print or save the recipe with the exact measurements.
Not ready to print? No problem! Save this pin in your Pinterest account by clicking the pin button located in the recipe card.
Malted Milk Ball Hot Cocoa Bombs
With only a few ingredients and a few slight tweaks, these chocolate bombs are simple to make.
- 2 cups Chocolate Candy Melts
- 2 cups Hot Chocolate Mix
- 2 cups Mini Marshmallows
- 24-26 Whoppers Malted Milk Ball Candies
- Roughly crush 6-8 of your malted milk ball candies. Set aside.
- Place chocolate candy melts in a microwave safe bowl and melt in the microwave per the directions on the package.
- Place 1 tbsp melted candy melt into one half of a bomb mold and, using the bottom of your tablespoon measuring spoon, press the chocolate up the sides of the mold, keeping it thick but even. Repeat with 12 bomb mold halves.
- Place the chocolate filled bomb molds into the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Remove molds from the freezer and gently tap the sides of the mold, pressing on one side of the chocolate to make the chocolate slide out of the mold.
- Fill 6 of the molds with 1 tbsp hot chocolate mix, 3-5 malted milk balls, and 6-8 mini marshmallows.
- Heat a plate or a flat-bottom bowl in the microwave until the surface of the plate is warm to the touch.
- Press one of the empty chocolate bomb halves open-side-down onto the flat portion of the warm plate for about 10 seconds. This will gently melt the rim of the chocolate cup.
- Immediately press this warmed edge chocolate cup to the top of one of the filled cups. This will join the two halves of the hot cocoa bomb.
- Using a piping bag or a fork, drizzle the remaining chocolate candy melts on top of the assembled hot cocoa bombs then immediately follow by placing the crushed malted milk balls on top.
- Place the hot cocoa bombs into the freezer for 5 minutes to get them to set, then remove and store in an airtight container until you’re ready to use.
- To use the hot cocoa bombs, place them in a mug and pour 2 cups hot milk over the top. Stir until the hot cocoa bombs are completely melted and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 515Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 420mgCarbohydrates: 92gFiber: 4gSugar: 73gProtein: 8g
These nutritional calculations might not be accurate. Please speak with a licensed nutritionist to assist you.